The Stone Barn is a luxurious barn conversion from an original old farmyard building –it retains all its character and integrity with ragslate roof, slate floors, original timbers and exposed stonework, bespoke doors and windows and high quality master craftsmanship and attention to detail of our local workforce evident throughout. Standing in its own large garden, courtyard and patio, Stone Barn is located at the heart of Beer Mill Wildlife and Nature Conservation Project, it reflects the importance of the environment to us and proves that you really can have luxury that doesn't cost the earth.
Accommodation at Stone Barn will comfortably sleep 10 +2
- 5 bedrooms: 2 upstairs kingsize bedrooms each with ensuite, lower ground floor corridor gives access to 1 kingsize bedroom with double sofabed for plus2, 2 twin rooms each with 2 full size single beds (plus fold away child beds for flexible family arrangements)
- 2 ensuite shower rooms to upper floor bedrooms, plus 1 bathroom and 1 shower room on the lower ground floor.
- Laundry /utility room with sink, washer, drier, iron, ironing board, airer
- Open plan kitchen/dining with electric range cooker, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, cooler cabinet, microwave, reclaimed oak table and beech chairs.
- Lounge area arranged around large double sided stone fireplace with 2 sided logburner (2 baskets of logs provided)
- Wi-Fi, 2 TVs, dvd player, audio system with plug in options
- Underfloor heating throughout ground and lower ground floor with thermostatically controlled zones.
- Wildlife activity/games/function room is reserved for Stone Barn guests only – used now and again for a couple of hours for school and educational visits, but we'll always let you know
- Garden furniture, picnic tables, charcoal bbq, garden hose
- Private off road parking area for up to 5 vehicles
- Stone Barn is a no smoking property
- Dogs(maximum 2) are accepted at Stone Barn with a few sensible dog rules. There are a few breeds/type of dog which in the interests of safety and comfort of all staff, guests and wildlife we do not accept, please check before booking.
- Up to 3 travel cots, high chairs and stairgate are available. First cot and high chair no charge, additional items £10 each.
- The Stone Barn is an eco barn conversion built using reclaimed and recycled materials by a team of highly skilled local tradespeople, many of whom still work with us to maintain and update facilities on an annual basis.
- Heating throughout is provided by our ground source heat pump
- Electrcity is generated by our own PV panels with back up provided by locally produced electricity from Good Energy
- Rainwater harvesting and dual plumbing provides water to toilets and washing machine
- Solar panels provide piping hot water with boost electric back-up for cloudy days
- Built in external wildlife habitat
- All logs provided by Beer Mill hedgerow restoration and woodland management
- Organic cotton bedlinen used throughout, Fair Trade, recycled andreclaimedfurniture, fixtures and fittings used whenever possible.
- Recycling facilities for glass, metal, plastic, tetrapaks, paper and cardboard, batteries, plus composting facilities for all raw veg waste
- Part of and supporting DWT Gold Award winning Beer Mill Farm Wildlife Conservation project